Thursday, November 20, 2008

Training has begun.

Mommy got the book she's been waiting on so excitedly. She stayed up until the wee hours of the morning reading it. I sure hope this excitement isn't bad news for me. She's gone back to the basics and is working on refining the tricks I already know, besides she says I need to learn some of the essential ones that we skipped like come and stay.

I learned a new trick tonight though!! I learned how to shake hands in like three minutes. It took me a little while to figure it out because I thought the fist mommy held near the ground meant I was to roll over. When I finally figured out she wanted me sitting and not laying down I quickly caught on. Mommy is happy with me because I raise my paw high when I offer it. And very enthusiastically I might add.

Anyway Mommy is going to start working with me tomorrow with the clicker again (too cold and dark to put Storm outside for the privacy we need for training tonight). She's hoping that after about a week of refining a few things and working on manners that we can get to business. She said I need to learn not to nip and I need to learn to hold my positions longer before accepting a treat. She did want me to mention though that my roll over is going very well. I don't have to be lured anymore.

So wish me luck pups! I'm aiming to please!

1 comment:

The Dog Man said...

I'm happy to hear that my book recommendation served a purpose. I love it and am constantly referring back to it to get new ideas and some motivation on those lower days.

I think it's good that you're going back and refining existing tricks and behaviours. It's something that I do all the time. Some weeks I'll just focus on specific things like imporiving the speed of the sit, for example.

Keep on tricking! :)