Sunday, March 30, 2008

More Training.

Last night when Mommy took me out I refused to pee even though she kept picking me up and setting me down in my "pee" spot. I thought we were playing a game so I started trying to bolt past her as fast as I could and she would scoop me up out of a dead run and plop me back down. Eventually I got frustrated and walked to the side of the house and started digging as hard as I could to vent.

After a minute she even started picking me up from there and plopping me down. After a couple of more bolts I finally realized that the hand in my face was telling me to stay, so I sat down and looked at her until her patience wore out and she took me in. Unfortunately she put me in my crate and wouldn't let me play. Trust me I peed the next time she took me out.

This morning she did funny stuff with my breakfast again. She held the kibble in a closed fist again, but this time she didn't just click when I took my nose away. She only clicked when I moved my nose AND sat down. I quickly caught on to that. Although I haven't really acknowledged the verbal command yet.

After doing this a few times she got up and would run a couple of steps away and squat back down. Of course I ran after her as hard as I could. When I was about two and a half feet away she would say "come", click and I got a treat when I got to her. We did this a few times. Only one time did I not come immediately. I noticed that time she never did say the command "come". She only used it when I was already in a dead run headed toward her, and it never failed I got a click and treat. I like this training stuff!!

Anyway it was a boring day full of short play sessions and den time. It was thundering really loud outside. I only jumped a couple of times. Mommy ignored me when I acted in the least bit nervous. I quickly got over it. Tonight is Daddy's last night working for a few days so I will be able to play more and be noisier during the day.

Anyway, time for another nap. Bye!

No comments: