Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Getting Stricter

Well, my Mommy is getting stricter. She is making me do outrageous things like sit before I get to come into the house. How dare she? I liked running through the door. She also gave me another bath in just plain water so that I will get used to the experience. Mommy has also been taking me on walks with Storm. They are very unorganized and crazy, but Mommy decided to teach me to use a target stick which should help me learn to heel. She made the target stick out of a straightened coat hanger with a fishing bobber on the end as the target spot.

Learning target is fun. Mommy bought me some bite sized liver treats for training. I work a lot more enthusiastically for those than my regular kibble. She still sometimes uses kibble for refreshers on stuff I already know. Today Mommy went out and bought me a special toy that I only get to play with after a training session. This is supposed to keep me looking forward to training. It is an oblong toy made of rubber and covered in tennis ball fabric with a rope attached to one end. It is great for playing fetch with. I love it already. I just wish she would give it to me all the time instead of only after training.

Anyway things are going pretty much the same each day. Daddy gets up at 5am and takes me out. When he is ready to leave for work around 6:15am he puts me in bed with Mommy. Then I sleep with Mommy until she gets up. Then I go out again and wait for her to get dressed, teeth brushed, etc. Then we have a play session. When I lose focus we play, then I get my breakfast. Then I stay outside with Storm while Mommy is at work. When she gets home we have another training session and/or a walk. After a lot of play time we go back to bed. Fun huh?

Well gotta go burn off some more energy. Bye!!

No comments: