Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A new game and some more training . . .


Hey everyone! I learned a new game yesterday evening. Playing with water bottles. It is great fun!


Mommy did a bunch of clicker training with me today. She has been watching training videos on YouTube to get ideas and inspiration. Well she was definitely inspired! She took me out to pee and noticed I was very alert and attentive so she broke out the clicker and the treats.

We worked on sit, which I am doing to the command already! Also worked on making eye contact when she says my name. I have been responding to my name very well the last couple of days. I also know the word 'no' really well. Mommy doesn't even have to use a deep tone anymore. She simply says no in a normal voice and I stop doing whatever I was doing and go play with my toys. She says I am no where near as stubborn as Storm was at my age. What is she kidding? Look at this face! I am so totally full of mischief.


We also worked on the off command. When I jumped up on her or put my paws up against a wall or rock or something she would say no and wave her hand at my face. When all four paws were on the ground she would click and give me a treat. I'm really starting to have fun with this. Mommy can't wait until I start offering behaviors. She doesn't think it will be too much longer.

So now that I'm a big dog when do I get to go on bike rides like Storm??

No comments: