Thursday, April 17, 2008

Training Breakthrough!

Well we had a training breakthrough today. Mommy has been taking me on walks everyday and I have proved to be a leashed hellion. But today armed with the new liver treats we tried again. And I FINALLY found the position Mommy was looking for because she started clicking and treating. I was even looking up at her. I still got distracted very easily by all the smells, but I wasn't pulling and I wasn't dragging behind, so it was great!

I absolutely ADORE my new toy. I get very excited when it comes out!



Mommy is excited because she thinks it is helping to build my drive. All I have to say is with liver treats and this cool new toy I LOVE training.

Last night Mommy clipped my nails again. She only managed to do five on random paws, because a bunch were still short enough and she was taking it very easy and slow so that I wouldn't get scared. It went pretty well. With a toy to chew on I barely noticed.

Also tonight I whined to let Mommy know I had to pee for the first time ever. Before now I have always just peed when I had to pee because I could never feel it coming before. Needless to say she was very excited.

Well that is all for tonight! Bye!

________________
 Comments:

The Army of Four said...  http://www.blogger.com/profile/12430214230146328389

    Ha wooooo, Jack. Thanks for stopping by our blog! We think we remember your sister Storm from Sibernet - did your mom and ours used to communicate off-list? :)
    Luv,
    Dave

    April 18, 2008 7:05 AM


Blogger Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...  http://www.blogger.com/profile/15875018844057021226

    hey buddy,

    welcome to www.dogswithblogs.com.au - it is great to meet you and I am sure you will make lots of new friends here :-)

    love
    opy

    April 18, 2008 7:29 PM


Blogger Amber-Mae said...  http://www.blogger.com/profile/16183603626694384497

    Hi Jackal! Nice to meet ya!

    Love licks,
    Solid Gold Dancer

    April 19, 2008 1:31 AM


Blogger Thor said...  http://www.blogger.com/profile/00068189562714340147

    Nice to meet you, Jackal!
    I found you on DWB´s list and wanted to come and say hi!
    Cool blog!

    Thor

    April 20, 2008 12:10 PM


Blogger The Airechicks said...  http://www.blogger.com/profile/11052597104758824243

    Nice work - sometimes is really hard to get Mom trained and in tune with you....

    Welcome to DWBs.....

    XxoooXXoooXXoo

    April 20, 2008 4:43 PM


Blogger Rascally Jack a.k.a. Jackal said...

    Hi Dave!

    Yes our Mommies used to e-mail each other off-list. Unfortunately she went nomail and I don't think she even uses that e-mail anymore. Its good talking to you again.

    Jackal

    April 23, 2008 4:19 PM

6 comments:

The Army of Four said...

Ha wooooo, Jack. Thanks for stopping by our blog! We think we remember your sister Storm from Sibernet - did your mom and ours used to communicate off-list? :)
Luv,
Dave

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

hey buddy,

welcome to www.dogswithblogs.com.au - it is great to meet you and I am sure you will make lots of new friends here :-)

love
opy

Amber-Mae said...

Hi Jackal! Nice to meet ya!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Thor and Jack said...

Nice to meet you, Jackal!
I found you on DWB´s list and wanted to come and say hi!
Cool blog!

Thor

The Airechicks said...

Nice work - sometimes is really hard to get Mom trained and in tune with you....

Welcome to DWBs.....

XxoooXXoooXXoo

Achieve1dream said...

Hi Dave!

Yes our Mommies used to e-mail each other off-list. Unfortunately she went nomail and I don't think she even uses that e-mail anymore. Its good talking to you again.

Jackal